//Your Questions about Retargeting, Answered

Your Questions about Retargeting, Answered

Retargeting is a form of online advertising that gets website visitors (who didn’t convert) back to your site by showing them retargeting ads. You might have heard about it recently, as it is becoming a popular tool for marketers to increase website visits and drive sales.

Studies show that a tiny 2% of online users convert on their first visit. By using retargeting, companies can focus on the other 98%. Retargeting encourages those people to return to your site, thereby increasing your conversion rate.

How does retargeting work?

By placing a small piece of Javascript code on your website, called a pixel, marketers can begin a retargeting program. The pixel won’t affect a website’s performance, but it will drop an anonymous browser cookie. Later on, when that person continues to surf the web, the cookie will tell the provider where to show ads. This ensures that ads are only shown to people who have already visited your website.

What are the benefits?

There are several advantages to implementing a retargeting program. Some of those advantages include:

  • It is timely. People can be retargeted as soon as they leave a website, which means that there is no lag time between when a person has been browsing your content and when they see it again.
  • You’re targeting people that have already shown interest in what you have to say or offer, so your message will not fall on the wrong target audience.
  • They are highly efficient, bringing in an average of $1 for every $10 spent.

When should a business use retargeting?

While effective at bringing people back to your website, retargeting does nothing to generate the traffic in the first place. Therefore, retargeting should be used in conjunction with marketing efforts that drive traffic to your website. Some ways to drive traffic include:

Businesses that want to get started in retargeting can do so on a number of networks, including Google Adwords, Facebook and Twitter. For help setting up a retargeting campaign, or to learn more about it, contact 24K Creative by clicking the button below.

Contact 24K Creative

 

 

By |2016-11-23T14:08:18+00:00November 21st, 2016|SEO and SEM|0 Comments

About the Author: